Happy New Year! 2018 is here and with the turning of the New Year comes all the resolution traditions. If you are dealing with hearing loss, then perhaps one of your resolutions is to stay on top of your hearing health in 2018. Hearing Solutions is here to help you with tips to help you protect your hearing and help with hearing loss.
- Avoid loud noises. If you are in a place with loud noises, take breaks every few minutes to give your ears a chance to recover.
- Wear ear protection in situations when you can’t avoid loud noises. You should carry ear plugs or protective headphones if you might be exposed to loud noises on the job or during your daily travels.
- Don’t listen to music with headphones or earbuds too loud.
- Exercise and stay active. Did you know that your overall health can affect your hearing? Cardiovascular disease and diabetes can cause damage to the blood vessels or nerves in your ears and result in hearing loss.
- Don’t use cotton swab tips in your ears.
- Eat right. Eating healthy might be another one of your New Year’s resolutions, but it can also help maintain good hearing health. You should especially keep antioxidants, magnesium, carotenoids, vitamin A, vitamin E, and Omega-3 in your diet.
- Don’t ignore early signs of hearing loss. If you are losing your hearing, the sooner you get treated, the better. Early signs of hearing loss can include:
- Hearing muffled speech.
- Difficulty understanding words.
- Difficulty hearing in crowded situations.
- Recognize you are always asking others to speak louder or repeat themselves.
- See your hearing professional often to be evaluated and be fitted for hearing aids if needed.
Hearing Solutions, Inc. Protecting Your Hearing and Helping with Hearing Loss
At Hearing Solutions, Inc., we are here to help you and your loved ones deal with hearing loss. As you can see, it is possible to help boost your hearing health and prevent hearing loss from becoming a problem. If you or anyone you know is struggling with hearing loss, please contact us at Hearing Solutions, Inc. to schedule an appointment.