A hearing loss diagnosis can be overwhelming and seem scary, but we are here to help you every step of the way to guide you to better hearing. First of all, you shouldn’t feel alone if you have hearing loss, it is quite common. Did you know that about 466 million people in the world suffer from hearing loss? Read more about hearing loss statistics. Secondly, for most types of hearing loss hearing aids can help you hear well again. Our clinics provide solutions for hearing loss, it’s in our name and it’s what we do every day.
What is an Audiologist?
For many people, it helps to understand more about something to make it seem more familiar and less scary. So, what is an audiologist? Wikipedia defines one as, “a health-care professional specializing in identifying, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disorders of the auditory and vestibular system portions of the ear. Audiologists are trained to diagnose, manage and/or treat hearing, tinnitus, or balance problems. They dispense, manage, and rehabilitate hearing aids and assess candidacy for and map cochlear implants. They counsel families through a new diagnosis of hearing loss in infants, and help teach coping and compensation skills to late-deafened adults.”
What to Expect at Your Audiology Appointment
Another way to reduce anxiety about visiting the audiologist is to understand what to expect at your audiology appointment. Here are some details about an appointment at Hearing Solutions, Inc.:
- Bring with you: ID, list of medications, your medical history, family history, and a list of your hearing concerns.
- Arrive a few minutes early to fill out your paperwork.
- Expect your visit to last about an hour.
- After discussing your hearing concerns, our hearing professional will examine your ears and ear canals.
- The hearing assessment is a non-invasive type of test that will help us determine if you are experiencing any type of hearing loss.
- We will discuss the results with you and if hearing loss is present, we will talk about your options.
- If hearing aids are recommended, we will schedule a second appointment for you to come back for those to be fitted and adjusted to your listening needs.
- Still have questions about what to expect? Call us and ask, we are here to help you!
Hearing Solutions, Inc (Services and Resources)
Our Hearing Care Services:
Hearing Loss / Hearing Aid Resources:
- Helping a Loved One Who is Resisting Help with Hearing Loss
- Communication Tips for Friends and Family
- Free Online Hearing Evaluation
- How Your Ears Work
- Effects of Untreated Hearing Loss
- Hearing Aid Devices & Accessories
- Glossary of Hearing Loss Terms
- Hearing Loss-Related Links and Online Resources
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Hearing Loss
- Finding the Right Hearing Aid for You
- Hearing Aid Maintenance Guide
- Lifespan of a Hearing Aid Explained
- 7 Reasons to Visit Hearing Solutions, Inc.
- Different Types of Hearing Loss
- Myths and Facts about Hearing Loss & Hearing Aids
Hearing Solutions, Inc. Cutting Edge Hearing Loss Solutions
At Hearing Solutions, Inc., we are always here to help you through all aspects of your hearing health. If you have any questions about hearing loss treatment options, hearing aids, or need help coping with hearing loss, please contact us at Hearing Solutions, Inc. to schedule an appointment with one of our hearing professionals today. We have three convenient Northern Florida hearing loss clinic locations: Dowling Park, Live Oak, or Lake City.